Monday, January 30, 2017

TRANSFER UPDATE









TRANSFER UPDATE: I am being transferred to the Palomar YSA (Young Single Adult) of the Escondido Zone. My new companion will be Sister Duering (Sister Fogg's MTC comp). Although I am very sad to leave my ward family here in Murrieta, I am excited to meet so many more great people in the "dirty dido." Here are some of the highlights of this week: *end of training field trip to the Mormon Battalion *biking through creeks *the warm sun came out *hiking through rivers *picked up 2 investigators *transfer calls. It was a pretty exciting week. We are so happy to be teaching Elizabeth! She wants to know that there is a God and she is willing to pray to find out. I love her enthusiasm and love of families, and her own family. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless her family and will enable them to be together forever! The gospel is such an amazing thing. It is the plan of happiness! Not only do I know it, but I believe it!
It is so hard to write this last email in Murrieta because there is so much to talk about, but I don't have any words for it. Let me just say, I am definitely coming back. These people are my family and I don't know where I would be without them. Serving these people has helped me to feel the pure love of Christ. They radiate love and light. Yesterday at the start of sacrament meeting, Sister Yoshiko Mulitalo (my favorite South Korean elderly woman) gave the opening prayer. Immediately the room was filled with a calm, silent, peaceful feeling. There is no doubt that our Heavenly Father was there with each of us. That has been one of the strongest times I have ever felt the spirit. Although almost 10 minutes long, Sister Mulitalo's soft simple testimony and prayer touched each of our hearts. You could feel that she was really talking with God, our Father in Heaven. I know that prayer is real. God hears and answers our prayers. Mormon 9:21 says, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."
I can't believe that I am already half way done with my mission. This is insane. Time flies when you are serving the Lord. I LOVE YOU ALL.
here are some more people I love.
p.s. don't worry. we didn't have tequila at the tequila factory.
--
Sister Alexis Skabelund
451 W Bobier Dr
Vista CA 92083-1906
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment