Monday, January 23, 2017

Rain in Murrieta

Murrieta can thank me for all my faith and prayers for this rain. muahahahaha. it won't stop. While we were sitting in Sunday School, we heard a bunch of alarms going off people's phones. "Oh don't worry you guys, it's just warning of flash floods," said the teacher. Me and Sister Fogg quickly looked at each other with big eyes of surprise and fear. Well, luckily we have our car because I'd rather not drown. We even got a text from our zone leaders saying, "Get inside now. It is not longer an option." So we had to stay inside the church until dinner, which wasn't that long. When we went home, the sisters knocked on our door drenched head to toe and asked us if we wanted to play in the rain with them. Before I could even let Foggy answer, I ran out the door without my shoes and still in my dress. We had so much fun in the "river" of our apartment complex. I knocked on the door of the Las Brisas sisters and immediately hugged them both. Against her will, I headlocked Sister Richie and pinned her down into the river. She was sopping wet. muauahaha. I am the queen of rain. Even this morning, the district leader texted us saying, "#miracle the sun is finally out!" But then with one quick prayer, the clouds covered the sky and it started pouring again. It is still raining as I write this. YAYYY!!! I love the rain and California really needs it.
GOOD NEWS: we picked up a new investigator, Elizabeth! We had to set four appointments to go on splits with the high councilmen...so we were kinda freaking out since we had 0 investigators. Thankfully we listened to the spirit and found Elizabeth. It was a great lesson and she committed to pray, read the BOM, and attend church! I'm so excited to teach her and hope that she comes to know that there is a God, a Heavenly Father who loves her.
Soo....I may be leaving Murrieta next week. okay, I pretty much know that I am because I have been here for six months! I've been getting pictures with everyone and saying goodbyes. I'm going to miss these people so much. They are my FAMILY! I know that I was sent to Murrieta for a reason, and it was to put these people in my life. Whenever I'm feeling homesick, discouraged, or upset, I know that I can just go hit up any family in this ward and they will make me feel so much better. We have been doing scripture study almost every single night with the Wrights. They are an active family but wanted to be 100% committed to reading every night, so were are helping them. We have seen so much progress in their family, along with many miracles! Their conversion to the Lord is getting stronger and stronger! They invited 3 nonmembers to church and one of them came! I'm so proud of them! I love that family. We've been having so much fun every night, studying and playing scripture charades. I did a charade with all the kids following behind me. I was Noah and they were all animals. haha. It was pretty funny.
I love the gospel. Don't forget it!
Have a great week!
Sister Alexis Skabelund
451 W Bobier Dr
Vista CA 92083-1906
United States








No comments:

Post a Comment