Monday, August 29, 2016

The Adventures of Biking

Hello fellow friends and family,

   After many days of biking in the hot summer sun, I feel inspired (tired) to write you a simple email today. 
   To start off, I want to say...NEVER forget sunscreen in Murrieta. I am a rock lobster. Also, if your companion leaves you, DON'T PANIC. Yesterday, we were biking up this huge hill, only to find out that our destination was actually at the bottom of the hill. We turned around and started zooming down the hill....well, Sister Zogg started zooming down the hill. My pedals weren't turning, and I was stuck at the top of the hill. Out of nowhere, the CHAIN SNAPPED. So with the greasy chain in one hand, and my bike in the other, I slowly walked down the hill...frustrated and alone. 
   Instantly, I thought "I'm going to call President, because my companion abandoned me." But then I realized that Sister Zogg had the phone. So I continued to walked with filth ALL over my hands, and finally my companion started back up the hill. "YOU DESERTED ME, YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!" I exclaimed, "My chain broke!" Nevertheless, we both started laughing and walked to our next appointment. I think Brother Devey noticed my greasy hands and dirty face at the doorstep when he asked, "Can I help you with your bike?" He is a LIFE-SAVER and fixed my bike. I'm so grateful for my ward, they are amazing!
   Don't worry friends, biking is an adventure, and I'm hanging in there! 

  Well on that note, ELDER BENJAMIN DE HOYOS of the seventy came here for our zone conference! It was pretty incredible to have the privilege of hearing from him and his wife! Although they spoke very VERY little english, the spirit was stronger than ever. Our sweet mission president translated for them with the spanish he did know (he served a mission in Mexico). But hearing from both my mission president & Elder De Hoyos strengthened their unity and my testimony of priesthood power. 
   I learned that "more important than speaking is listening." When we listen to our companions, family, friends, and all those around us WITH LOVE, then we don't need to worry about what to say. The spirit will tell us exactly what they need to know. One of my favorite quotes from the meeting was "Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know Christ, will want to know Christ because they know you!" I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had to hear from this general authority and be inspired to be better. 
   We must ask ourselves, "Do I have the doctrine of Christ engraved on my heart and in the marrow of my bones?" Conversion is a process and requires an ACT of FAITH. When we start to leave behind the cares of the world, and give our ALL to the Savior, we will begin to be converted. We must pray always, study our scriptures diligently & fervently, and we must attend the sacrament for the rest of our lives. The gospel is a life-long commitment. Turn to the Savior, He loves you! 

"Because He loves you, He will find you. He will place you upon His shoulders, rejoicing. And when He brings you home, He will say to one and all, "Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost." 

  I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!! When life gets tough just remember, "The things that are most important cannot be counted." ♥
--
♥ Sister Alexis Skabelund

P.S.
pics>>>>>
- me and Brooke, aka. CHEWBACCA. (I told I missed my dog, "Chewie," so she put on her wookie pajamas for me. 
- Me and Sister Zogg (:
- beautiful Murrieta
- just reminiscing the good ole days by the beach. I MISS IT

451 W Bobier Dr
Vista CA 92083-1906
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment