Monday, December 12, 2016

Transfers

Hey everyone.

This week wasn't the best. Sister Fogg had to go to the doctors, we lost a few investigators, I was physically exhausted, a recent-convert in our ward passed away, and there was some contention in our companionship...But you know what, this week is going to be awesome because IT'S A NEW TRANSFER!! I love starting over, fresh, new start. 

On Tuesday, we had an amazing relief society Christmas dinner. There was a little musical show put together by the women of our ward, who portrayed the women in the scriptures. It was so inspiring to focus on the mothers in the scriptures, of whom we think so highly of. Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, Anna, the mother of Mary, Rachel, the mother of Joseph, and Mary, the mother of Jesus. Looking through the eyes of these wonderful women, I understood the role of motherhood, especially in the birth, life, and raising of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I'm so grateful for the privilege we had of working a booth at the live nativity, put on by the Murrieta Stake. We handed out the Joy to the World videos, and shared the glorious message of our Savior's birth. I'm grateful for the experiences I had as I watched the mother of Jesus hold her baby, the Messiah, and Savior of the World, tight in her arms. As we watched Joseph gaze into the eyes of the Son of God, my heart was filled with peace and gratitude. Brother Merrill played the guitar and sang this beautiful song about Joseph's point of view:

"How could it be this baby in my arms
Sleeping now, so peacefully
The Son of God, the angel said
How could it be
Lord I know He's not my own
Not of my flesh, not of my bone
Still Father let this baby be
The son of my love

Father show me where I fit into this plan of yours
How can a man be father to the Son of God
Lord for all my life I've been a simple carpenter
How can I raise a king, How can I raise a king
He looks so small, His face and hands so fair
And when He cries the sun just seems to disappear
But when He laughs it shines again
How could it be."

I know that my Savior lives. He is the Son of God. I know that have been sharing a lot of music lyrics with you. I think music is one of the things that makes me feel the spirit most. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I'm so excited to talk with my family in just 13 days!!! (: woooohooo. Don't forget to put Christ in Christmas! It is all about Him! HE IS THE GIFT.

Inline image 1

 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God,The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

love you

#burnbabyburn < I'm always quoting the Grinch (looks like I'm burning the Christmas tree).
-check out this awesome mug mom got me.

♥ Sister Alexis Skabelund

451 W Bobier Dr
Vista CA 92083-1906
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment