Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry merry merry merry Christmas to youuuu! 🎄❄

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say on bright, Californian Christmas day!
hey guyys. I am so stoked for Christmas. Although it is a warm 60 degrees outside, and no snow...I think it is going to be a great week. I do BELIEVE in miracles (snow WILL come), and I have persuaded the entire primary of our ward to believe with me! Haha. Many kids in the ward have run up to me with snowflakes they have cut out, to add to my collection in our apartment. Even moms tell me that I have made a huge influence, and their children are praying for snow... "NO! why did you do this to us?" the moms say. Everyone here seems to think that it is cold, but trust me, it is not cold. Let's start a trend... # PRAY FOR SNOW! thankzz.
We have been getting SO MUCH Christmas junk food from every house we go to. Forget the "Freshman Fifteen", the mission is a whole new level...how about the "Mission Million". Food never ends. Yesterday for dessert, a member fed us a whole lot of pumpkin pie with our whipped cream. I feel a double-chin comin. Pray for me. haha.
So it is a new transfer and I am still training Sister Fogg. With every single one of my companions I have learned something new. Each companion is completely opposite of each other. Sister Fogg is really really shy and has a hard time opening up. But this has taught me to be an even better example in ALL that I do. I've started to notice that she follows me and does what I do. I find myself singing, "Do as I'm doing...follow follow me. Do as I'm doing...follow follow me" during the week as we are proselyting on our bikes. She probably thinks I'm a weirdo and that I embarrass her too much, but hey, you gotta have fun with work. I have to get her out of her comfort zone some how. Yesterday was a proud moment for me! Sister Fogg biked up to a couple getting out of there car and talked to them on her own free will (without me repetitively reminding her). AND GUESS WHAT? They were totally open and she was able to testify to them of the Restoration! I have testimony of obedience. When we are obedient and do what the Lord asks of us (to share the gospel), he will guide us to people who are prepared, and the spirit will tell us what to say. That was the first Book of Mormon we have given out in about 3 weeks! Faith proceeds miracles.
Sunday was a really spiritual experience for me. Before church, I watched the "Jesus Christ's Life: Bible Videos," mainly the clips of Christ's last week, the Atonement. I know that preparing for the sacrament really allowed me to have a sacred experience. I felt so strongly of Christ's love and forgiveness for me, while I partook of the bread and water, and pondered on His birth, ministry, atonement, and resurrection. I know that if we take the Sacrament seriously and prepare for it beforehand, we will feel the spirit and will receive personal revelation. The primary got up and performed a Christmas medley that brought tears to my eyes. It was so beautiful. I reflected on the birth of Jesus Christ and the young, innocent little children sang with everything in them. This is what Christmas is all about. I know that Heavenly Father loves his children.
Well, I'm excited to skype my family on Sunday. You have no idea...Sister Fogg and I have been counting down the days from the beginning. We even made a Christmas chain. That is all I want for Christmas...to see the faces of my amazing family and hear their voices again. 7 months has been wayy to long.


No comments:

Post a Comment