Tuesday, May 17, 2016

GOOD MORNING FAM!

Wow. I don't know what to write about because so much has happened since last Tuesday! It literally feels like I have been at the MTC for months...but it also feels like I just got here yesterday. It's weird how time works as a missionary. My district is my family, I love their stinking guts and I don't know where I would be without them right now. Almost every night we get together and basically do a little "testimony meeting" outside in the courtyard, or we just share whats on our minds. I find that when we are together and talk about God's love after a long day of hard work, those are the times that we feel God's love the most. Not only do we feel God's love for us individual, but we feel it for each other, our TRC investigators, and just a love for everyone. Black heart (cards)

These are some of the things I wrote in my journal throughout the week:

Wednesday- Goodness gracious today was a fabulous day. Our lesson with Taylor went great! Her faith is increasing, she's praying, and reading the BofM! I love that beautiful girl so much and I am so proud that she is following her commitments and coming closer to Christ. Next up: Leah. At first, Sister Andrew and I did not want to go back to visit her; in fact, we dreaded it. But, this time we walked in with a positive attitude and to see Leah as God sees her. We skipped out of that lesson afterwards with smiles and an incredible amount of love for her; we were on cloud 9. It's because we FORGOT ourselves and loved her. 
   Also, the other district in our zone arrived at the MTC today (their 1st day), and we had a lot of fun getting to know them. It's crazy to see how fast we progressed and became the older/experienced missionaries, who are already helping out newbies. It seems like yesterday, when I walked into the MTC with butterflies, and all sorts of anxious feelings. It was a great day. God loves His children!

Thursday- I'm so tired, I don't really remember how today went. We met with Leah today and she played the piano/sang for us! She is a beautiful singer! Then she transposed a hymn for us in the hymnbook so that I could play it on the guitar. Seriously, she is so talented. Sister A and I sang her a few hymns which quickly brought the spirit into the room. Leah actually let us share a scripture with her and listened to us bear our testimonies of God's love! It wasn't much, but it was something. One of our teachers told us that sometimes it is good to teach without using words. Some of the greatest lessons are when we can teach Leah by our actions, and what we DO to make her feel God's love. We have done this by sharing experiences, talking about our life/family, singing with her, and even hanging up pictures for her "(rearranging her room haha). Because Leah is overweight in pain, she is limited to do certain things, so that's one of the reasons why we help her so much. I'm so grateful for music and how we were able to connect with Leah through it. I even sang Leah my song that I wrote, "Country Romance." She loved it and told me that my song will be on Kid's Bop one day. LOL. thanks Leah. We are always laughing with Leah. I LOVE LEAH & I'm sad to say goodbye to her.

Friday- Today was our last day teaching Taylor and Leah. We are going to miss them like crazy. During personal/companion study, we took a break and laughed harder than we have ever laughed together. We were literally laughing in the fetal position and bawling our eyes out: all of us. It was a great district-bonding moment. Elder Allen & Elder Brandt gave my companion, Sister Andrew, a priesthood blessing which she really needed. I was able to go in the room with her and hear the blessing. I'm so grateful for the Elders in our district and for honoring their priesthood authority. They truly listen to the spirit all the time...even in role-plays. I love them so much and I'll miss them when they go off to Saint Louis!

Sunday- Sister Andrew and I taught a lesson in relief society today. I thought it went very well and I'm sure that everyone in the room felt God's love. I love teaching!

Monday- For exercise today, Sister Jackson and I played "knock-out," a basketball game if you weren't familiar with it. We played with the Elders in our district (the other sisters didn't come), and also with a few others in the gym. I got an Elder out with a "swish" and he seemed a little upset and walked out of the game completely. lol. I'm too intimidating, or too good I guess. But guess what? Immediately after that, I made buckets again and got Elder Allen out. And he quit the game too! CUZ IM A BOSS! haha. jk it was literally luck. anyways that was funny. 

Anyways, I'm doing great at the MTC. I love it and I'm seriously going to miss it so much. Although I'm sad to say goodbye to my friends, I'm excited to go to the mission field in just 6 short days. I can't wait to love the people of California! This church really does bring so many blessings and miracles! We must be truly converted, then we will recognize that God loves us more than we could ever imagine. I have never felt God's love as much as I do now. Christ's atonement was the most majestic manifestation of love.

I LOVE YOU ALL. Have a great week. And don't be afraid to write me or send me pictures! I don't have much time to reply to all of you, but I love reading your emails! Oh, and snail-mail is always fun too! Try it through dearelder.com. xoxoxo

Love, 
Sister Skabelund



No comments:

Post a Comment