Monday, May 8, 2017

One Year Mark!!

This week was our year mark, so we celebrated with all the sisters in our zone and had a "sisters picnic." It was so cool to be with Sister Andrew, Sister Jackson, and Sister Watson on our year mark together! It is so hard to believe that we were in the MTC that long ago, crazy crazy! Oh and of course, May the 4th be with you!
On Saturday, my heart was pumping and I was super anxious..."Today is the big day, JENNIFER IS GETTING BAPTIZED." Seriously we were all waiting almost the entire year for this day. After weeks and weeks of trials and tribulations, Jennifer was finally ready to make this life-long commitment to follow her Savior and we are so proud of her! There were many things that kept holding her back and causing more and more doubt before May 6th, but with faith in the Lord, she was able to push through.
There were so many people their in support of Jennifer, and even her mom and sister Layla came! Layla also brought her friend and all three of them said that they felt the spirit so strong when Jennifer went under the water. Layla's friend loved the baptism and wants to start learning more about the church!! After Bishop Wilson welcomed her into the ward, Jennifer got up and bore her testimony of the gospel. I was filled with so much joy as she spoke of the love she has felt from her Heavenly Father. In her words she said, "When I went under the water, it felt like I was under there for a long time-like 5 minutes! And I had flashbacks of all my sins and mistakes begin to disappear from me. I feel clean!" We will never forget this day. And I will never forget the next day, Sunday, when Jennifer was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and received the Holy Ghost! She even got up in front of the congregation and bore her testimony again. I love her!
Here is a scripture that I found in my studies this week: Helaman 3:35,
"Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God." I know that when we truly humble ourselves before the Lord in fasting and prayer, we will be filled with joy and the pure love of Christ, and our hearts will be made clean! It is one of the greatest joys to bring souls unto Christ. I am going to take advantage and make the most out of the last 6 months I have here! Being a missionary is the best...I'm pretty sure I say that every week.
Love you all. xoxoxo
Sister Alexis Skabelund
p.s. jennifer got a puppy, his name is Thor!
451 W Bobier Dr
Vista CA 92083-1906
United States




No comments:

Post a Comment